The Haslam Family Foundation has awarded $100,000 in grants to support the Women’s Fund of East Tennessee’s (WFET) current network project which is working to increase access to postsecondary education for women and girls in East Tennessee through narrative change. The eight organizations participating in the WFET network each received a $12,500 grant from the Haslam Family Foundation to support their work on the WFET project. The organizations receiving grants included:
1. Boys and Girls Club of Elizabethton/Carter County
2. Boys and Girls Clubs of the TN Valley
3. Centro Hispano
4. Children’s Center of the Cumberlands
5. Girls Inc. of TN Valley
6. Project GRAD Knoxville/Great Schools Partnership
7. The Restoration House
8. YWCA of Knoxville and the TN Valley.
The eight organizations were surprised with the additional funding at their most recent network meeting.
“We are delighted to support these agencies that have been recommended to us by the Women’s Fund of E